VMware Cloud Community
bb1950328
Contributor
Contributor

[Bug] Poor Dark Mode and HiDPI handling on Ubuntu

I just installed InstallBuilder Enterprise 21.3.0 Linux x64 on my Ubuntu system. I have Dark Mode enabled in "Settings" > "Appearance" as well as HiDPI in "Settings" > "Displays" > "Scale". The installer is usable, but not very well:

Screenshot 1Screenshot 1Screenshot 2Screenshot 2

In the first screenshot you can see the first page of the installer. The main text is white on white. The colors are a little bit different, so at least one of them is not exactly #ffffff, so if you look closely enough you can read the text.

In the second screenshot you can see the page with the license agreement. The license text and the "I do accept" text are overlapping. Resizing the window isn't possible.

I'm using Ubuntu 21.04

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @bb1950328 ,

For the dark mode can you try adding  <enableGtkDarkThemesSupport>?

<project>
    <enableGtkDarkThemesSupport>1</enableGtkDarkThemesSupport>
</project>

I haven't been able to reproduce the scale issue. Can you give more details about how to reproduce it? (Gnome version, VM etc)

For resizing, can you try adding <allowWindowResize>:

<project>
  <allowWindowResize>1</allowWindowResize>
</project>

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
bb1950328
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @michieldhont_ ,

Thank you for your response. I'll add those two snippets to my XML when I'm creating an installer for my project.

But my bug report is about the installer of InstallBuilder itself. I think I didn't clarify that enough in my first post. It's about the one I downloaded from https://installbuilder.com/download-step-2.html .

$ neofetch
Host: MS-7970 1.0 
Kernel: 5.11.0-17-generic 
Uptime: 2 mins 
Packages: 3345 (dpkg), 24 (snap) 
Shell: bash 5.1.4 
Resolution: 4096x2304 
DE: GNOME 3.38.4 
WM: Mutter 
WM Theme: Adwaita 
Theme: Yaru-dark [GTK2/3] 
Icons: Yaru [GTK2/3]