VMware Horizon Community
sappomannoz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

different installation options for Linux agent in multiuser mode

Hello Community,

reading the documentation it seems that there are two possibility to install the Horizon Agent in multiuser mode:

with or without the -k parameter.

reading the documentation it states:

-k : Active Directory address of the Horizon Connection Server administrator. This parameter is only required for Kerberos authentication and is only supported when you install Horizon Agent in unmanaged mode.

It's not very clear, skimming trough the installer script it seems that I should specify the KDC of my domain, so usually the fqdn of a domain controller.

so, when should we use the -k parameter and when should we not?

But if I try to install the agent with the -k parameters it always fails. It's still supported?

By enabling the agent registration log I can see this error when using the -k parameter:

Failed to register new machine: java.io.IOException: /usr/lib/vmware/viewagent/java/kdcAuthLogin.conf (No such file or directory)

java.lang.SecurityException: java.io.IOException: /usr/lib/vmware/viewagent/java/kdcAuthLogin.conf (No such file or directory)

The workaround to be able to install the agent with kerberos authentication is to copy the kdcAuthLogin.conf from the installer directory to  /usr/lib/vmware/viewagent/java/.

😩

I guess the -k  option should be removed form the documentation/installer or be documented properly.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
songkai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry, we still support -k option. I think this is a bug in Linux Agent of horizon 8.4, and We will fix it in next release. Thank your for your comments!

0 Kudos