VMware Horizon Community
budric
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ubuntu 14.04.03 No Working Copy/Paste, Drag and Drop

Hi,

I have installed the View agent, registered the guest with connection server and can connect to it using PCoIP client.  However copy/paste, drag and drop and file sharing do not work.

I have installed every open-vm-tools* available onto the guest machine (apt-get install open-vm-tools-lts-trusty open-vm-tools-lts-trusty-desktop open-vm-tools-lts-trusty-dkms && apt-get install open-vm-tools open-vm-tools-desktop open-vm-tools-dkms) individually and together.

Running vmware-user-suid-wrapper manually in the logged in session produces error could not open proc/fs/vmblock/dev .  lsmod does not show vmblock module loaded, nor can it be found if I attempt to modpobe it manually.

Anyone got this working on 14.04.03?

My Versions:

Agent: VMware-viewagent-linux-x86_64-6.2.0-3016404

Kernel: 3.19.0-33-generic

open-vm-tools-*: 2:9.4.0-1280544-5ubuntu6

P.S. I don't think this is not due to policy in View Connection Server.  MMR, USB redirection are all enabled.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
txiong
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The documents are for vSphere, not for Horizon Linux Desktop.

Horizon Linux Desktop 6.2.0 has no support on copy/paste.

Horizon Linux Desktop 6.2.1 will be released soon, which has official copy/paste support on RHEL/CentOS 6.6 x64. For Ubuntu 1204/1404 x64, though there is no official copy/paste support, it should work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lindsayl
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Copy/Paste doesn't work for Ubuntu 1204 or Ubuntu 1404 yet.

0 Kudos
budric
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There's a bunch of documentation that lead me to believe it should work.

For example:

open-vm-tools with clipboard and drag and drop on Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr · GitHub

Ubuntu Manpage: vmware-user - GUI tool   "Without a running vmware-user process, interactive X11 sessions will lack GUI features such as drag-and-drop (DnD), file and text copy/paste, dynamic display resizing, and Unity."

So it seems I just need to mount the vmblock filesystem and run the process - which doesn't work - and so I thought I was just doing something wrong.

When you say it doesn't work yet, is this based on some official VMWare documentation?

0 Kudos
txiong
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The documents are for vSphere, not for Horizon Linux Desktop.

Horizon Linux Desktop 6.2.0 has no support on copy/paste.

Horizon Linux Desktop 6.2.1 will be released soon, which has official copy/paste support on RHEL/CentOS 6.6 x64. For Ubuntu 1204/1404 x64, though there is no official copy/paste support, it should work.

0 Kudos