VMware Horizon Community
reckor
Contributor
Contributor

Timezone - Command Line - Config File - VMware Horizon Client 2012 build 8.1

Hello,

Is it possible to adjust the time zone using the GUI app?

And is there any specific command line to set it to automatically use my PC configuration? And/or a config line where I could add into a certain config file?

I'm having some issues with timezones while connecting to a remote computer. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Horizon Client doesn't support this function(adjust time zone).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
reckor
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Felix. Is this something you could add in a next release? I'm having troubles connecting to my remote PC as the time zone are always different. I wanted to "force" an option.

0 Kudos
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

- if your question is whether Horizon Client can sync the local timezone information with Horizon Agent(remote computer), then the answer is Yes. Please let me know which type/version of Horizon Client/Agent you are using.

- if your question is whether Horizon Client can change the local timezone, the answer is No. 

0 Kudos
reckor
Contributor
Contributor

The situation is:

1) both my hardware and software in my Linux are correctly configured with my current Timezone.

2) everytime that I connect to my remote pc, it changes to another Timezone which I have to manually adjust.

3) I tested in two different distro with different results, however both having different timezones from the remote pc.

4) I have also tested on Windows 10 which provided similar experience. However, after some adjusts here and there in my local pc I was able to get the same time from my local pc and remote pc.

5) my company has also investigated the problem on their side for some weeks without finding any issue. 

6) So it looks like an issue with Horizon client for Linux. Versions tested were 2103 (newest available) and 2012 (one version below). 

Let me know your thoughts 

0 Kudos
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So you are using Horizon Linux Client, after connecting to the remote desktop, the timezone of your local computer will be changed, right? And you have to manually adjust it back. Please double confirm on the case.

BTW, which kind of remote desktop you are connecting. Horizon Linux Agent or Horizon Windows Agent? What's version of this agent? Thanks!

0 Kudos
reckor
Contributor
Contributor

When you say "Local computer" are you referring to my notebook or to the remote PC (cloud)? If the latter, then yes.

I don't know which OS for the agent. Is there a way to check?

I'm using my own laptop with Horizon Client Linux connecting to a certain server provided by my company (I assume this is what you are calling as agent).

0 Kudos
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Local computer is the machine which you run the Horizon Client. Horizon Client can connect to remote desktop(This is the Agent, it's always a VM in public/private cloud). So you mean the timezone of your remote desktop is changed, right? 

When Horizon Client connecting to Horizon remote desktop, it will sync the local timezone(laptop) to the remote desktop.

0 Kudos
reckor
Contributor
Contributor

Correct, the Timezone of my remote desktop is changed.

The issue is it is not syncing the local timezone (my laptop) with the remote desktop (agent).

Thanks 

0 Kudos
agong
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi reckor, please collect verbose level log for analysis. Refer https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Horizon-for-Linux/Timezone-Command-Line-Config-File-VMware-Horizon... on how to set verbose level log and collect log bundle. Thanks.
reckor
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @agong , please find it attached. Let me know if you need further information and thanks for the help.