VMware Horizon Community
dhopkins6
Contributor
Contributor

Set Up Horizon Client For Work

Hello, I am new here, and just trying to set up Horizon Client 2012 on my Ubuntu 20.04.1 64 bit laptop. I have installed the bundle, using default settings, and left the configuration as default. I am stuck on one item, and trying to confirm another.

For the latter first... page 9 of 'VMware Horizon Client for Linux Installation and Setup Guide' it states libudev0 must b installed for Ubuntu. This is a very old library, is this still correct? I have libudev1 installed.

As for where I am stuck, I am on page 12, where I am to create a cryptographic token for the SoftHSM2 library. I installed SoftHMS2, but can not figure this out.

I am attempting to access my work via a remote desktop using my CAC, I tried setting it up on a virtual machine running Windows 8.1 using the supplied directions from our IT, but the Horizon Client software would only run on Windows 10.

I have been able to set up to access my work e-mail through Ubuntu, and the Win8 VM. Accessing encrypted e-mail only works in Win8 due to Active-X, I learned. I have been unable to get support from my IT personnel so far, everyone I have contacted only 'speaks' Windows.

This was all necessitated due to being put on self-isolation due to COVID exposure, It has taken a week to get to the point I am now. Any help you can provide will be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

For SoftHSM2, this is used for Device Cert authentication with UAG. If you don't use this feature, you can ignore the installation steps.

0 Kudos