VMware Horizon Community
cparke2
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Client for Linux fouls key repeating permanently!

I've installed the client on a number of Debian platforms, including even Ubuntu, and seen this happen on all of them.

Once Horizon Client has launched a remote session, the operating system's key repeating function (when you hold a key like space or backspace down and after a second it starts repeating) becomes inoperative.  Once this happens, it also stays this way until the X session is restarted or system re-booted (including after Horizon is shut down). 

Was this intentional or how does one fix this or stop it from happening?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
icsmasy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, 

I have a similar issue on Horizon Client for Linux v 2106. Key starts repeating unexpectedly and it doesn't stop until I press a different key. (it can go like that for minutes or hours). Having ticket opened with VMware which are investigating this. Will post here the solution once I have it. Or if someone else has a solution already, it would be helpful. 

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@icsmasy or @cparke2 do either of you have a VMware SR that you can send? We also have a case open and are trying to associate our case with any existing ones to raise the visibility. From our testing rolling back to Horizon Client 2012 has stopped the issue temporarily until we get a solution.

0 Kudos
christianhesse
Contributor
Contributor

We are suffering exactly the same issue with unexpectedly repeating keys. Any news on this? We have not yet opened an issue...

0 Kudos
christianhesse
Contributor
Contributor

Just opened with support request number 22298464301...

0 Kudos
Albertovich
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Take a look at new vmware version 2111.1 release notes, it fixes keyboard repeat.

0 Kudos
christianhesse
Contributor
Contributor

The new release does indeed fix the issue.

I've been playing with a non-public test-build for some weeks now already. 😉

0 Kudos
icsmasy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes, 2111.1 fixes it apparently, after a long VMware support ticket opened and several tests done. 

0 Kudos