VMware Horizon Community
aseques
Contributor
Contributor

Disable services on vmware horizon client install

So far I am install installing vmware horizon using this command, it works but I would like to disable the prining service (my users are complaining that their default printers keep changing):

TERM=dumb bash ${RUTA}/execs/VMware-Horizon-Client-2006-8.0.0-16522670.x64.bundle
 --eulas-agreed --required

Is this page from the documentation there's a note about selecting some of the components instead of the whole pack (as I am currently doing)

During the Horizon Client installation process, you are prompted to confirm the installation of optional components. The default is to install all components.

Can this behaviour be automated by some command line flags or similar? I haven't been able to find anythin on the documentation.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
aseques
Contributor
Contributor

After investigating a bit more I found another link with more information here but still it only lets you choose the attributes on install time. So if I want to disable the printing service (because I want to rely on windows own printer setup) I have to:

sudo TERM=dumb bash VMware-Horizon-Client-2006-8.0.0-16522670.x64.bundle
--console
--eulas-agreed --required --set-setting vmware-horizon-virtual-printing tpEnable no

But before that I have to remove the horizon client with:

sudo env VMWARE_KEEP_CONFIG=no bash  ./VMware-Horizon-Client-2006-8.0.0-16522670.x64.bundle -u vmware-horizon-client

That's not very convenient. So two new questions:

• Is there any way to check if a setting is enabled in horizon client?
  • Is there any way to modify the setup of horizon client so I can disable a feature I don't want after having installed it?
0 Kudos
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The answer varies per feature, evne not all features offer it. You have to be specific when you want to disable a feature after installing it.

0 Kudos
aseques
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @ofox the feature I want to disable is the  virtual printing. I haven't located any service that can be stoppted (such as ftscanhv for the scanner), also I haven't find a way to detect if the service is instal·led (indicating that I might need to reinstall the client).

0 Kudos