VMware Horizon Community
AuthFailed
Contributor
Contributor

Can't install Horizon client on Fedora 35

Has anyone tested the Horizon Client on Fedora 35? The installer doesn't go beyond startup. It runs and installs on Fedora 34 without any problems. Maybe, of course, VMWare's update will solve the problem, but still, maybe someone has managed to get it up and running. The logs are attached. There is a Python error at the very end, but I can't figure out what it is.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AuthFailed
Contributor
Contributor

I found that in the new version of Python 3.8 the collections package has been moved.

/Users/myusername/.virtualenvs/myrepo/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xworkflows/compat.py:26: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing ABC from 'collections' instead of 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 this will stop working
  return isinstance(var, collections.Callable)

0 Kudos
waytoroot
Contributor
Contributor

WA:

1. install python3.9

2. update-alternatives for python

3. install Horizon client

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jasminchopra
Contributor
Contributor

did you able to find the solution?

I have also tried  Horizon Client on Fedora 35 but the installer is stuck at the startup as you said. 

charlie's place corpus christi

0 Kudos
mckeeml
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
dm27408
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware bundle installer supports only RHEL 7.9/8.5 and Ubuntu 18.04/20.04. I've long given up on using it to install on Fedora and created a proper RPM package. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to distribute it, but you can build it on your own machine using My GitLab repo . The latest version (2111) works fine for me on Fedora 35.