VMware Horizon Community
stevan44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Server's certificate subject name does not match the server's External URL.

I'm at a loss as to why this message is still showing up. I've generated a self signed cert and root CA using makecert.exe.

Image sure that the subject in the cert is using DukeServer2019B.Sun.com, verified this by looking at the details tab. Reload Horizon Server. While on the Horizon server, I've brought up the Horizon Console and the cert not secure shows up. After login in to horizon i can see that the domain is set and working to Sun.com. Go to Settings\Server\Connection Server to check the external url which is set to https://DukeServer2019B.Sun.com:443.

From what I can see it should be working, Server's certificate subject name does match the server's External URL 

I was hoping that someone can tell me what's the best way to troubleshoot this issue? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevan44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Turns out it was Windows Server defaulting to use IP6. I changed the default to IP4 and it started working. Changes had to be made via a admin level command window. I never would have found it until I discovered ping trying to use IP6.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stevan44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I hope that I posted in the right area. No suggestion??

vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Personally never used this method. I’ve always used OpenSSL.

did you move the VDM over on the cert?

is the root cert on the device that you are connecting from? The cert chain looks good?

I use this method 

https://www.vbrit.net/certificates/what-the-cert

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
stevan44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Turns out it was Windows Server defaulting to use IP6. I changed the default to IP4 and it started working. Changes had to be made via a admin level command window. I never would have found it until I discovered ping trying to use IP6.