VMware Horizon Community
raleysm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon 7 Upgrade required to 7.13

Currently I have to upgrade to the 7.13 version to get rid of the javascript components on the Horizon web interface. Trying to go through the document but want to know if those who have already done this, are there other components on any other server that need to be upgraded with it too ?  How how this "upgrade" gone ?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey @raleysm,

I think I did not get your answer at 100%. The document to follow implies upgrading all the components you have for that solution in their respecitve order. You could have just a Connection Server and some desktops or you could have Workspace ONE Access, UAT, etc.

Give us more insight of your current platform.

0 Kudos
GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am planning on doing a similar upgrade this week (7.10 -> 7.13) and would be interested in hearing about potential issues with the upgrade from others.

I have 3 Connection Servers, 2 behind a load balancer and 1 standalone, DEM 9.9 and App Volumes 2.18. I plan on doing DEM and AV at a later date.

Some of takeaways I have so far;

• Check the VMware Compatibility matrix for versions of all software
  • Take screenshots of existing settings, pools, CS, etc.
  • Back up the LDAP database using vdmexport.exe
  • Snapshot the CS's prior to upgrade
  • For the CS's behind a load balancer, disable the server that hosts the Connection Server instance that you are about to upgrade, and re-enable after the upgrade.

Horizon 7 -7.13 Upgrade Guide -> https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-7/7.13/horizon-upgrades/GUID-E3607442-8936-49A8-97B4-722D0...

0 Kudos
raleysm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am told that going to 7.13 from  7.10 doesn't work without problems so I am told to go from my 7.4 to 7.10. Where can I download the 7.10 software? I cannot seem to find a link for this.

0 Kudos
GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
pdudas76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am curious about the removal of the JavaScript functions 

We are on version 7.12 right now and the HTML5 interface is quite slow at times especially in a desktop pool when the Machines list with View Composer info is active. Just entering search details bogs the page down (where other tabs in my browser are just fine). 

I am wondering if it is the JavaScript functions that are doing that or is that something else entirely. I am just not familiar with what parts of Horizon are using those functions. 

Thanks!

Phill

0 Kudos
praviview
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did the upgrade 2 days back from Horizon 7.12 > 7.13. 

Take snapshot of your existing Connection Server

its straight forward process, go to the settings > server > Connection server and disable the one which you are going to upgrade.

Complete the process one by one each and enable the one upgraded, along with that it will upgrade the HTML access also.

After upgrade and if you login to Horizon console don't panic it will take some time to sync your Pools and names.

Praveen C
L3admins.com
0 Kudos
kkmcat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We just upgraded from 7.10.2 to 7.13.1 on Tuesday evening. We had to upgrade Composer server, Connection server and Security server in a very particular order, and it also required a PowerCLI script, since we're not on UAG yet. (Thank you, Chris Halstead, for the workaround -- I'll post a link below.) Our vSphere & ESXi & vmware Tools were already compatible so we didn't have to make any changes there (6.7). Our Horizon 8 clients work with 7.13.1. Choke points for us were: (1) certificate on Composer server and (2) recomposing about 80 pools at once (which we scripted with PowerCLI) and (3) a mistake I made with the parent image (chose local datastore on ESXi host for OS instead of shared datastore). Next morning we had a few "problem vm's" to delete and vmware support was very helpful. Please be careful and be prepared.

0 Kudos
kkmcat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

here's the promised link: https://code.vmware.com/samples?id=7475