VMware Horizon Community
dalo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

wyse thin client: autostart and fullscreen

I'm testing a wyse V10 (6.3.0_12) Thinclient with our view Infrastructure (3.0.1 build-142034 ). There are two problems I couldn't resolve:

• How to set the session to "fullscreen"? I tried fullscreen=yes in the wnos.ini, but this doesn't made any difference, I always see the wyse "taskbar" on the bottom.

• How to set a startup of the connection. Now, I see my pools on the wyse desktop as icons, but I want to start one of them automatically.

I found some threads about some similar problems, but no resolution.

Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you follow one of these two steps the WYSE thin client will inherent the settings. It does not get the setting for the connections from the ini files. It gets the settings from the broker using our API. There is nothing you need to do on the WYSE thin client beside make sure the View Manager broker connection is configured, That can be done manually, using DHCP options or WYSE management software. If that is done, the devices wil inherent the user or GPO settings when the use logs in, launching a default desktop, full screen if configured.

You have the broker part done, that is why the full screen option is greyed out, it has recived the default settings from the broker.

WP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As an admin you can use the GPOs provided to set the display setting full screen and the desktop to always connect to. Alternatively you can log in as the end user one time using the View Portal and configure the same as the end user.

WP

dalo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, through the webclient or with the view client this works, but not with the Thinclient. This must be a problem on the Wyse OS side.

At the connection settings/options tab on the wyse client the mode "window mode" is selected instead of "Fullscreen" but this option is greyed out.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you follow one of these two steps the WYSE thin client will inherent the settings. It does not get the setting for the connections from the ini files. It gets the settings from the broker using our API. There is nothing you need to do on the WYSE thin client beside make sure the View Manager broker connection is configured, That can be done manually, using DHCP options or WYSE management software. If that is done, the devices wil inherent the user or GPO settings when the use logs in, launching a default desktop, full screen if configured.

You have the broker part done, that is why the full screen option is greyed out, it has recived the default settings from the broker.

WP

0 Kudos
dalo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

I tried again with the user account: login trough the web interface, start a session, logout.

Then restart the Thinclient and login. Now I get the full screen Display.

But the "autostart" still doesn't work. I used then the vmadmin-tool:

vdmadmin.exe" -D -d pool01 -u domain\username

and it works also now.

Thank you for the help, Daniel

0 Kudos
WyseGuy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The auto start issue has been corrected in a newer firmware release. Try 6.3.0_22 and you should have success with the autostart of the VM.

0 Kudos