VMware Horizon Community
baber
Expert
Expert

why one of my virtual desktop not show in horizon view panel and my replica machine is power on ?

Hi

I have a problem one of my virtual desktops not show in my vmware horizon console and except that show my replica machine (replica-69695091-6e91-4fdb-b11d-e26659d8f95e)  and it is power on when i shutdown that manually it automatically power on this is a big problem

what do i have to do ?

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
baber
Expert
Expert

what do i have to do ?  please help me

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

no one can not help me ?

what do i have to do ?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Sounds like a very serious issue.   Your replica shouldn't be powered on and honestly I didn't even know you could power it on.  Did you perform the steps to unprotect  it or something?     Regardless, it may be easier to just create a new snapshot and recompose your pool based on that new snapshot.   If you do that a new replica would be created based on the new snapshot.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

i have 3 question :

1- how can i do recompose?

2- do i have to create a new snapshot from my source machine?

3- if i creae a new snapshot what will be happened for my user's data on my vdi machines?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

1:https://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-61-view/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/view-61-administration.pdf

2:  You can use a different golden image if you choose, however if you want to generate a new replica you will have to create a snapshot and recompose to that.

3:   If your user's data is stored on the C:\ drive of a linked clone machine it will.  In most environments people use roaming profiles or some third party profile management in conjunction with linked clones and floating pools.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

thanks

but i want to know why my replica machine is power on and

i have 3 pool how can i understand which replica machine is for which desktop pool ?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

As far as I know the replica being powered on is not standard behavior in View.  You will likely have to perform a environment audit to determine who unprotected and powered on your replica. 

To determine which replica belongs to each pool you can simply add a new machine to each pool and see which replica is used.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

i can increase my Max number of machine in provisioning tab of horizon view but when i increase that digit how can understand which replica file is for which pool?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

When you increase the number of machines you can watch vCenter to see which replica the machine is created from.  You can also check the events tab of each replica.

0 Kudos