VMware Horizon Community
bickyz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

where to install view persona management

Hi
We have esx server with view security server, view connection server, vcenter server and few desktop pools. Where do I install persona management ? We are using view 6.

And also within the C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\extras\GroupPolicyFiles folder there isnt any group policy templates; is this normal or I need to install something ?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

View Persona is installed as an option on the agent inside of the VM.    You will also need a profile repository and then enable persona via a GPO applied to the virtual desktops where you want to use persona. 

0 Kudos
bickyz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thank you

On my all Windows 7 vdi desktops I can see VMware Horizon View Agent 6.0.0.1884979 listed under Control Panel Program Features; how will I know Persona Management option has been selected when installing the agent. Is there anyway I can check via C:\Program Files or via Registry.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You can check and see if there is a VMware View Horizon Persona service on the desktops.

0 Kudos
bickyz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thank you.

yes the desktops has "VMware Horizon View Persona Management" service; but it is disabled; is this normal ?

I have asked the person who created the master image and he said he didnt disabled this service.

0 Kudos