VMware Horizon Community
thaichi
Contributor
Contributor

where to install VMView composer

Hi,

I have installed VMview server got this up and running.

-installed vmview agent on virtual desktop .

this is working fine users are able to login to virtual desktop using vmview server url Smiley Happy

I am setting up composer and not sure if this needs to be installed on VMview server or on Virtual Center server ?

can anyone help me out here .

-Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jon_Holloway
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

View Composer must be installed on the VirtualCenter server. I suggest taking a look at the View Manager Administration Guide for details of the database requirements and supported platforms for View Composer.

Thanks

Jon

shanfont
Contributor
Contributor

I have been getting this error message after I have installed view composer on my VC. I hope you can see the message if not I get a "View Composer is not available for this VC." I have read the Admin Guide and setup my database correctly. The view composer service is running on my VC. I have yet to find anyone else that's gotten this message. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

have a read of my Blog post, the Composer product need to be installed on the server hosting vCenter Server

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
brekus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Make sure your VC server is running 2.5u3

0 Kudos