VMware Horizon Community
soasmri
Contributor
Contributor

what is the best practice for VDI

Hello

we have more than 4000 users for vdi in 8 different sites and we use VPCC form NEC with vmware ESXi and vcenter for each site

and it's design the every single thin client device linked directly to single vm it's make sense ?

i'm ask can i install one vcenter to manage all datacenter and if the uplink is down all site work with no downtime ?

and if we want to use vmware horizon what kind of license we need and what is you advise for that

i want to improve the infrastructure with best practice,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Horizon connection servers are deployed in pods. One or more vCenters per pod is best practice. The connection servers have a strict LAN requirement for AD LDS replication so you will need to create a different pod per site. I'd advise looking into Cloud Pod to link the data centers.

Horizon Connection Server Maximums and Virtual Machine Configuration

Connection Server Cluster Design Considerations

You can deploy multiple replicated Connection Server instances in a group to support load balancing and high availability. Groups of replicated instances are designed to support clustering within a LAN-connected single-datacenter environment.

Important:

To use a group of replicated Connection Server instances across a WAN, MAN (metropolitan area network), or other non-LAN, in scenarios where a Horizon deployment needs to span datacenters, you must use the Cloud Pod Architecture feature. You can link together 25 pods to provide a single large desktop brokering and management environment for five geographically distant sites and provide desktops and applications for up to 50,000 sessions. For more information, see the Administering Cloud Pod Architecture in Horizon 7 document.

Cloud Pod Architecture Overview

0 Kudos