VMware Horizon Community
ubiquetous
Contributor
Contributor

vmware horizon view unrecoverable error (main)

Hello,

Issue:

I'm running VMWare Horizon client for Windows version 5.4.3 on Windows 10 on my desktop PC. Everything worked fine on 8/18/2020 went on vacation tried signing in on Monday 8/24/2020 without success. currently receiving the following error message (log file mentioned in error message is attached):

vmware_error_message.jpg

I can sign in from laptop also using VMWare Horizon client for Windows version 5.4.3 on Windows 10, so it's not the remote machine. Not sure what to look for in the log file mentioned in the error message.

What I've tried so far:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling VMWare Horizon client for Windows version 5.4.3
  2. Uninstalling VMWare Horizon client for Windows version 5.4.3 and installing VMWare Horizon client for Windows version 5.3.0
  3. Removing any new software that was installed between 8/18/2020 and 8/24/2020
  4. contacting corporate support, i.e. the company I work for that wants me to use this solution to signing to their systems

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I would check to see if Windows updated itself and then uninstall the update and try again.

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
ubiquetous
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like there are some differences between my windows version/updates on my laptop and desktop. Desktop had updates during the period of 8/18/2020 to 8/24/2020 and laptop did not. Attempting to roll back/uninstall to see if this will correct the issue.

0 Kudos
ubiquetous
Contributor
Contributor

Update

Tried the following without success:

1. Adjusted Windows 10 versions on Desktop and Laptop to match (version 1909 OS Build 18363.1049)
    1. I take this to imply that if both versions & OS Build are identical then all of the associated updates are the same.
  2. Updated Desktop (machine that won't successfully run VMWare) to Windows 10 version 2004 OS Build 19041.450.
  3. Tried running windows in safe mode and received the same error message after VMWare crashed as noted in original post.
    1. I take this to imply that drivers are not interfering with VMWare.

Additional symptoms noticed:

• keyboard and mouse usage (both USB) are disrupted exhibiting the following symptoms:
    • On startup of VMWare keyboard's Numlock is disabled
    • Once host machine contact is attempted mouse severly lags to the point where it is unusable.
      • clicking Ctrl+alt+delete instantly returns mouse to normal usage
    • After VMWare has crashed (or been forcibly stopped) keyboard typing lags severely.
    • The only method for restoring full keyboard & mouse usage to normal status is to reboot the Desktop.

I hope this additional info was helpful in diagnosing the issue.

0 Kudos
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you able to install any other program onto the PC?

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
YangYangYu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

please use DCT to collect logs. the zip only contain mks logs.

Please use the command ./support.bat to collect all logs,thus the dumps can be collected.

ubiquetous
Contributor
Contributor

Can install anything and everything on this PC. no other issues not other software is crashing. No other software causing mouse and keyboard issues.

0 Kudos
ubiquetous
Contributor
Contributor

This is helpful Smiley Happy since the original error message referenced running vm-support and did not mention support.bat. So I ran support.bat and the resulting output is huge . The zip file is 1.57 GB with an uncompressed size of over 11 GB and contains 26 folders holding 1425 files.

Due to the size I stored the file on Google drive. Otherwise if someone needs a specific file that's smaller I may be able to attach that to the thread directly.

0 Kudos
ubiquetous
Contributor
Contributor

Update: I noticed video drivers updated around the time the issue began. I tried rolling the video drivers back to the previous version without success. :smileycry:

0 Kudos
YangYangYu
Contributor
Contributor

how about reset the windows operating system?

the logs file is too big for me to download,I think you can put the dumps file vmware-remotemks.dmp and file vmware-mks-XXX.log to this thread

0 Kudos