VMware Horizon Community
ivanunnio
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vmware horizon view client usb not work fine

Hi Boys

I downloaded and installed VMware Horizon View Client from suse. For me, a very convenient solution, but I have problems with the connection of the USB ports.

When I connect a memorypen 3 gb where the VDI is running Windows 7 does not recognize it.

I've already enabled the policy on Horizon administrator on the pool but I did not get any results, the kernel version of Suse Studio is 3.16.

Some good systems analyst could help me solve the problem?

I wanted to tell you that if on Suse launch the terminal command lsscsi I note the disks and I can also do the mount of the key.

But I just can not see it in windows.

url for dowload.https://susestudio.com/a/5x7NxM/vmware-horizon-view-client

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

It does not look to be an official distribution of the linux client by VMware and I doubt it contains the USB redirection functionality inside. Can you try with a certified thin client that contains the USB component?

0 Kudos
ivanunnio
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, could you give me some advice? Or some links?

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

Today I don't think there is a direct download link for the components you're after - the USB functionality is integrated by the thin client vendors, and is shipped as part of their image.

There's a similar thread on the issue here: Re: Howto get USB working on linux with VMware Horizon View Client

It is possible to get things working manually if you can hold of the binaries from one of the images, but it's not going to be supported today.

If you don't have a thin client device with the right stuff on it, I recommend testing with a Windows client initially.

0 Kudos