VMware Horizon Community
Leon_Kan_Li1
Contributor
Contributor

vmview connection server - the service is not working properly

Dear All,

We got a weird problem and wonder if anyone would have a clue; please help to have a look at details below and let me know your idea Smiley Happy

1. We have several connection server instances running in lab including 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 - they all base on same domain and vsphere

2. A few weeks ago the domain crashed.... we had to recover the domain and re-add all machines into domain, including these view connection servers and agent hosts

3. Since then the connection servers are running on and off - at first it can stay working for a week and then user cannot logon anymore; now it can work for 20-30 minutes and then the same; looking at server services the connection server service and the other stuff are still in running status, I can restart the service so it can work for another 20-30 minutes, and then the same -- user cannot logon view broker and administrator cannot refresh the admin page

4. When this happens, after a few hours, administrator can logon admin page again - and the server is showing "the service is not working properly". Users are still unable to logon broker.

a.png

Is this weird for everyone here as well?

Regards,

Leon Li

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Did anything change with the domain when it was restored? Was it actually a restore or was it a reinstall using the same domain names?

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Leon_Kan_Li1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Linjo,

The domain server was on same vsphere and with snapshot; we revert back to earlier snapshot, data would be a bit different but it was the same machine.

Do you think that will cause the problem, or how would you think we can give it a fix?

Thanks,

Leon Li

0 Kudos
Leon_Kan_Li1
Contributor
Contributor

For reference we added a few new connection servers, still in the same domain - initially they are fine but after our IT help to add the license and bond with vsphere center, they fall into same status.

IT confirm that vsphere license and certificate are all good.

We are really out of mind for now 😞

Regards,

Leon Li

0 Kudos