VMware Horizon Community
dlee_12
Contributor
Contributor

vlan question

hi! Currently, all my AD, VC and VDM are in the same vlan,.The client VM pools i created are also in the same vlan as the server vlan (AD, VC, ADM). How do i configure in such a way that the client VM are in several different vlan?

Another question is that is it normal that will there be much improvement in client provisioning performance between internal hd with fiber/iscsi connection to a SAN? I'm currenty using a powerful 4xquad core server with internal hd for the vdi testing. I noticed that it take about 3 hours++ just to provision a pool of 5 VMs (each vm with 30GB with 50% of capacity utilization). Is that normal? Has anyone tried creating a pool of vm with more than 20 VM running on Vista(>30GB of HD capacity and more than 50% hd utilization) at one go, and how's the performance like?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
stevieg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello

This VMWare page may help you get started:

Along with the Networking section in the ESX configuration guide:

It should be fairly simple; the switch port will need to be configured to allow VLAN tagging and what VLANs it will be allowed to use. Before this change is made you may need to change you current Service Console Virtual Network port to use VLAN tagging to prevent loss of access, as the default VLAN may not be your Server VLAN.Then Virtual Switch ports for VM use can be created in the relevant VLANs.

Steve

0 Kudos