VMware Horizon Community
janusw
Contributor
Contributor

virtual workstation and office communicator2007

Hello,

I would like to ask you whether it is possible to have running on virtual workstation office communicator 2007 with voice and video features.

thanks

janusz

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SigurdAMD
Contributor
Contributor

Janusz,

I've tested it with multiple vPCs on 1 ESX and it worked well in normal windows size for peer-to-peer video conferencing.

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

You should be fine, Video my be a little jerky if you are not on the lan, but it should still be usable

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Just curious but are you guys using webcams inside a VDI machine utilizing view for the Communicator video?

0 Kudos
dontplaywithme
Contributor
Contributor

Office Communicator 2007 is a unified  communications client that helps people be more productive by enabling  them to communicate easily with others in different locations. Very useful for online businesses and  works well on virtual PC. You might also try these virtual office tools that also uses voice and video features. http://www.timedoctor.com/blog/2011/01/19/virtual-office-software

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Be aware of possible scaling problems when it comes to realtime voice/video, something that works in a POC with 3-4 users per host might not scale to expected 60-80 users per host.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos