VMware Horizon Community
cpekar
Contributor
Contributor

view running out of space in datastore.

We have 3 different datastores, that according to vSphere is not running out of space.  But, the View console is stating we are running low on disk space.

Here is the list that we have:

Datastore 1:  400GB Provisioned 136 Free space 368GB

Datastore 2:  534GB Provisioned 1.1TB Free space 235GB

Datastore 3:  534GB Provisioned 972GB Free space 347GB.

Do we need to be concerned?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
cpekar
Contributor
Contributor

I thought it was this:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102604...

Since I did add a host and I did find out that indeed the new host could not find the other datastores.  That has been fixed, but view is still saying low disk space.

0 Kudos
DKatman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you sure that the View Manager is telling you that you are low on space? Where do you see this? There is a legend at the top of the datastore monitor that shoes the battery with an exclamation point equals low disk space. But I believe that is just letting you know what it means if you see that below. Are you confusing that with it actually saying you are low on space?

I do recall running low on space at one point, but I thought I just threw some space at it. I don't think you are in that situation from what you listed.

Of course, check my post count. What do I know?

Good Luck,
Dave

0 Kudos
cpekar
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I'm sure, especially when I get the following:

view error.png

That is on one of my datastores.  The screenshot of vSphere is:

vSphere.png

0 Kudos
cpekar
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, now I see the where you see the battery.  On the Dashboard.  Then yes, again, according to View, I have low disk space on one of my datastores.

viewerror2.png

So, what does view think is low on space?

0 Kudos
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I think the pool size is big (which might be set for on demand provisioning)

You have to calculate the total no of VMs which will be provisioned for the pool , along with its additional storage space required for persistent disk, swap space (equalant to memory) etc

0 Kudos
DKatman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

From this first shot, I would hit edit and then check to see which stores you are set to use for this pool and the settings. It may give an indication whether it is because of the OS disks or the persistent disks.

Also, any chance you took out any datastores?

I do think checking the settings further would at least give the indication of which stores are affected. I think you will also see how over subscribed you are.

Dave

0 Kudos
Camek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You get this when using linked clones..   Check what you have  for your "Storage Overcommit" value for each datastore use by desktop pool.  If you use "Aggressive" the message will be suppresed, but remember you can run out of space as the linked clones grow over time.  The idea is if you know your clones will grow then select a value, "conservitive", which will tell you that if your run like this you will run out of space.

0 Kudos