VMware Horizon Community
deAracon
Contributor
Contributor

view doesnt work properly anymore - need help

Hi,

i'm evaluating view for some weeks, but now i have some serious trouble here. everything worked quite good until last week. trying to recompose some cloned link desktops the whole system started to collapse. it's creating one replica after the another. each time the provisioning is demanding a new vm, it creates a new replica, instead of using the existing one.

I created the log bundle vor view composer an there are hundreds of errors like these (dont know if thats a hint what the problem is actually):

2009-07-06 15:21:20,946 | 7 | INFO | CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25 - Vc operation failed.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The task was canceled by a user.

bei System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

bei System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

bei VimApi.InternalVimService.WaitForUpdates(ManagedObjectReference _this, String version)

bei VMware.Sim.CommonLib.VcSubsystem.PropertyCollectorUpdateTracker.<>c__DisplayClass5.<VcWaitForUpdates>b__4()

bei VMware.Sim.CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25.VcMethod`1.Invoke()

bei VMware.Sim.CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25.VcExceptionHandler`1.Invoke()

2009-07-06 15:22:20,947 | 27 | INFO | CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25 - Vc operation failed.

bei System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

bei System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

bei VimApi.InternalVimService.WaitForUpdates(ManagedObjectReference _this, String version)

bei VMware.Sim.CommonLib.VcSubsystem.PropertyCollectorUpdateTracker.<>c__DisplayClass5.<VcWaitForUpdates>b__4()

bei VMware.Sim.CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25.VcExceptionHandler`1.Invoke()

2009-07-06 15:23:20,963 | 7 | INFO | CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25 - Vc operation failed.

2009-07-06 15:24:20,979 | 24 | INFO | CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25 - Vc operation failed.

2009-07-06 15:24:43,402 | 3 | INFO | ServiceCore.LockManager.LockManager - A lock is requested for DeploymentGroup with id: 85f401d8-4b1c-4358-8a50-89a50679e7bd

2009-07-06 15:24:43,417 | 3 | INFO | ServiceCore.LockManager.LockManager - A release is requested for DeploymentGroup with id: 85f401d8-4b1c-4358-8a50-89a50679e7bd

2009-07-06 15:25:20,996 | 24 | INFO | CommonLib.VcSubsystem.VcSubsystem25 - Vc operation failed.

I have absolutely no idea whats going on within view right now and would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
deployer
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem!!!!

someone resolved it? PLEASE HELP!!!!

0 Kudos
mjsvirt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

have you tried it off of a new master image?

Jason Silva http://silvaecs.com http://twitter.com/silvaecs
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hello,

Does your base VM have a CD or floppy refrenced in the setup?

-Ivan Weiss

Please award points for "correct" or "helpful" answers if you find the information I have provided to be useful.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I had a similar problem and I removed the CD rom iso reference in the Edit Settings dialog for the parent VM and it seems to have solved the problem.

-Ivan Weiss

Please award points for "correct" or "helpful" answers if you find the information I have provided to be useful.

0 Kudos
deAracon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

we were in contact with VMware-Support. The Problem is solved, but we did two things almost at the same time, so the solution is not well-defined.

The first was the connection of the view composer to a new database (because the whole problem felt like a corrupted database).

Second (but unfortunately almost at the same time) we reduced the amount of snapshots for the parentmachine.

Hope this will work for you als well.

Greetings

0 Kudos
linglong768
Contributor
Contributor

deAracon,sorry!

how do you know that your database for composer is corrupted?

i still no work out this error.....

0 Kudos