VMware Horizon Community
scottziehr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

view connection server upgrade and java heap

I am about to upgrade my 4.6 view connection server to 5.3. If I bump the RAM on my view connection server to 10GB, will the view connection server installer upgrade the java heap resources along the way?  The kb article and a SR I had open with VMware both said to uninstall/reinstall but if I can upgrade I rather do that.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=200987...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think the java heap is only configured on a fresh install.    You could always update your current environment (at current spec) and then build a new CB in the same replica group with your 10 GB memory footprint.   That should allow for an easy transition. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think the java heap is only configured on a fresh install.    You could always update your current environment (at current spec) and then build a new CB in the same replica group with your 10 GB memory footprint.   That should allow for an easy transition. 

0 Kudos
scottziehr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks mittim12, good idea.  So roughly, post-upgrade, create a replication group and add the new, beefy view connection server, then break the group and get rid of the old connection server?

0 Kudos