VMware Horizon Community
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

view connection issue

I can connect to view desktops from inside netowrk w/o any issue, but VPN users can't.  What do I need to change?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

What protocol are you using to connect?  Up until 4.6 you were not able to utilize the PCOIP protocol from a security server.   If you are using RDP then you will need to make sure the appropriate ports are unblocked on the firewall. 

0 Kudos
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have View 4.6 and I am using PCOIP.. i guess i can change that to RDP and it would work over VPN?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry, I really blew that one.  I didn't pick up that it was the VPN users that couldn't connect.    I would try RDP and see if they can connect.  If so that at least points you in the right direction as far as troubleshooting. 

0 Kudos
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I changed it to RDP, but no luck.  Do I have to re-enable provisiong or restart something after the change?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

There is no need to restart anything when you switch protocols you are connecting with.  Have you verified name resolution and connectivity to the components involved?   Any chance you can generate the client side logs?

0 Kudos
npeter
Expert
Expert

Hi,

can you tell me what error you are getting while connecting from external netwrok through VPN?

Do your VPN connections go through any knid of proxy/NAT?

-noble

-nObLe
0 Kudos
pwynne
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Can you verify that port 4172 is allowed through your firewall as PCOIP requires the use of this port.

Do you have a security server in place?

Paul.

0 Kudos
Eternal_Snow
Contributor
Contributor

I guess the route rule is missing.

It can be easily reproduced when:

your VPN sub-network is different from your local main network; and

your View Guest sub-network is different from your local main network either.

0 Kudos