VMware Horizon Community
brickleberry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

view alternitives - vmware paid support is useless

please, what other systems are available.

we pay waaaaay to much to have the vmware support just not address my current issue.

stupidly i upgraded from view 5.3.2 to 6.1.1 and there is no way to revert back to 5.3.2.

6.1.1 is causing production issues and i cannot be down.

just going to dump this whole investment - thanks vmware. just thanks.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

1.  What exactly is the problem you are having?

2.  What's preventing you from building new servers and re-installing 5.3.2?  Or restore from a backup?

0 Kudos
brickleberry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i am getting the administration to calculate how much we have spent on just this product and support..

$24797.08

0 Kudos
brickleberry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

related : Urgent Help!!! one of my client meets - "the view agent reports that this desktop source is unable...

related : Horizon 6.1.1 Slowness/Latency Issues Since Upgrading from 5.3.3

as for starting over, licensing, time, current view desktops in use cannot be down, time - working 7 days a week is all the time i have - i need to be able to have a day off...

0 Kudos
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've just seen your posts. Sorry to hear that you are having significant difficulties.

I will try and help get the right people looking at this. You mention vmware support; as such, I presume you have filed one or more Support Tickers (SR's?) If so, could you post back with the SR numbers here? this will help me get up to speed and try and identify what is going on,

cheers

peterB

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

BrickleBerry,

I'm sorry to hear that you are hitting problems. Could you please describe what exact issue you are hitting? Or as Peter Brown said, do you have a SR number? I'd really love to follow up and help you out.

0 Kudos
brickleberry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

peter, william,respectfully, i am asking for alternatives. i cannot get stuck again.

0 Kudos
brickleberry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i resolved this for now.

i removed the agent 6.1.1/6.1.0 and installed 6.0.2

i did not change anything else on my image, only the agent.

it is not my system, it is not anything i had installed.

please help me understand why that is.

0 Kudos
brickleberry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

not one word about an alternative?

are you really the only vendor?

competition is the only motivator for improvement.

i am asking again, what are the alternatives?

0 Kudos
marcbnz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that you're having this trouble - but as for a reply on an alternative?... you won't find anyone from VMware that'll chime in on that subject.

did you get a chance to try 6.2? - perhaps this will address your concerns with the performance? (you can fire up a testing connection 6.2 server and use that as a front door to test desktops/pools)

0 Kudos
brickleberry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i did an upgrade from a working 5.3 to 6.1.

the headaches that ensued afterwords, i will not ever take again.

i had users tell me they wanted to stab me in the eye.

zero working solutions were provided by this expensive support contract.

ZERO.

so, you are telling me that big bad vmware is afraid of a little honesty.

sad.

i will not be doing any changes - it is working well enough - i cannot count on support when i need it.

i did resolve this myself - i needed to have a working system - thank you.

if another vendor would like to offer me a quote on their product please contact me.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Brickleberry,

I understand your anger. I am sorry for all the pains you have been endured. As you know, this is a very complex product and not to say the complex deployment environment. we are unable to diagnose what is happening by just a simple description of the issue. We need work together with our customers to collect logs, analyze logs and sometimes do some tests whether a solution works or not. Believe it or not, we absolutely want to help our customers to solve any issues. But we do need our customers to work closely with us. Anyway, we do appreciate your comments and we'll continue improve. 

0 Kudos