VMware Horizon Community
nappyrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

very low audio with samsung nc241 zero client

We recently deployed a few dozen samsung nc241 zero clients with horizon view 5.3 and windws 7 vms.  The zero clients have built in speakers, but they are practically useless. When playing voicemails through our voip system in the browser I literally have to put my ear up to the back of the monitor to hear it and even then it's very low.

I have checked that the volume is maxed everywhere in the browser playback and windows volume mixer, and have tried the vmware audio driver as well as the teradici audio driver. Plugging in external speakers works fine and I can get very loud playback through those.

Has anybody experienced this issue or know if this is just the case with these zero clients? I would hate to think they put speakers in that were this poor.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nzorn
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Have you pushed the menu button on the Zero Client and turned the volume up from there as well?  I have these Samsung too, and I'd compare the speakers to about any other monitor with built in speakers...it's not great, but it works.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Have you pushed the menu button on the Zero Client and turned the volume up from there as well?  I have these Samsung too, and I'd compare the speakers to about any other monitor with built in speakers...it's not great, but it works.

nappyrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

good grief....

yeah still not great but it's at least audible now. thanks for clueing me in

0 Kudos