VMware Horizon Community
wwjdwade
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere Desktop licensing with View or other Desktop Virtualization Platform

I remember that under previous versions, you were able to purchase VMware View and get the hypervisor/vCenter free as part of the purchase of VMware View.  Can someone confirm if I recall correctly on older versions, and if it is still true under View 5.1.1?

Also, I believe you were able to purchase vSphere Desktop using a per user fee (I thought it was blocks of 10) and obtain the hypervisor and vCenter even if you were going to use a different Desktop Virtualization Platform.  Can anyone confirm if this is still available - and where I can get more info?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This document should give you what you need.  The document says 5.0 but as far as I know it's applicable to 5.1 too.

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/view/VMware-View-FAQ-Pricing-Licensing-and-Support.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This document should give you what you need.  The document says 5.0 but as far as I know it's applicable to 5.1 too.

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/view/VMware-View-FAQ-Pricing-Licensing-and-Support.pdf

0 Kudos
wwjdwade
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, yes that is what I was looking for.

We have VMware View 4.6 and 5.1 licenses.  We are using both.  I don’t see any license for the vSphere Desktop and vCenter servers.  I have licenses for vSphere 5.X and vCenter 5.X through other licensing we purchased, but I don’t see these.  Do you know if I should  have automatically received the license - or if it has to be requested?

0 Kudos
wwjdwade
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well, I feel a bit like an idiot.  I have looked through our licensing several times and never saw it.  I now see it in my list of licenses.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos