VMware Horizon Community
MichaelInneo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere 6 / Horizon 6.1 / vGPU Desktop assignment

Hello Community,

i have a question regarding vGPU deployments. I have a server with two K2`s and I want to use 8 virtual desktops with the K240Q profile and 16 virtual desktops with the K220Q profile.

That profile assignment would perfectly fit into the two K2`s (GPU0: 4xK240Q, GPU1: 4xK240Q, GPU2: 8xK220Q, GPU3: 8xK220Q).

I`ve seen, that if i boot up four K220Q virtual desktops, the view environment boots up one K220Q profile per physical gpu, which make it impossible to start another K240Q virtual desktop because different profiles cannot be shared on the same physical GPU unit.

Does anybody else discovered this problem?

Best Regards,

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If you expect to supported mixed vGPU types on a single system, you can change the placement policy. 

On ESX host, add "vGPU.consolidation = true" to file /etc/vmware/config.

With this policy, like VMs will be assigned to a physical GPU until it is fully loaded.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If you expect to supported mixed vGPU types on a single system, you can change the placement policy. 

On ESX host, add "vGPU.consolidation = true" to file /etc/vmware/config.

With this policy, like VMs will be assigned to a physical GPU until it is fully loaded.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".