VMware Horizon Community
ecmanfra
Contributor
Contributor

vSGA drivers causing poor WPF performance

I have been testing multiple WPF applications with vSGA, vGPU, and software only virtual machines and have run into poor performance when it comes to the vmware vSGA drivers.

In WPF there is a grid function that displays a grid of information, scrolling around this grid is painful at best when using a vm with vmware's vSGA drivers.  This is an example of a demo WPF application that displays the poor performance when scrolling up and down the grid on the left hand side.

2015-12-16 11_59_18-Clipboard.png

Has anyone else run into any issues with this?

My assumption is that the poor performance is due to vmware's inability to utilize anything above directx 9, is that correct?

The software only VM actually performs better than the vSGA VM which is what leads me to believe it is a driver related issue.  The vGPU VM performs as good as a physical machine, as expected.

thanks

Eric

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ecmanfra
Contributor
Contributor

Just in case anyone else runs into this, Vmware engineering was able to reproduce the performance issues and is still looking into a resolution.  It has only been a few months, hopefully we have a resolution soon.  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
usa_kwilliamson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Eric,

Didn't VMWare Tools 10.0 add support Directx 10 and 11?  Just wondering if that would help you problem.

Kevin

0 Kudos