VMware Horizon Community
SHamel5575
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRealize Operations for Horizon, How do i override Alert for specific pools

We have vRealize operations 7.5 deployed with the Horizon Plugin v6.6.0 

We are getting alerts for Latency over 250ms.   The problem is we have a few pools that are used by users outside of the country.  I would like to override this alert for those pools to be over 300ms to send alerts, and still get alerts for the on prem pools as normal.

is there any way to do this?  just poking around the alert definition workspace i cant see how to change the default latency settings.  or how to scope specific pools(or exclude them)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SHamel5575
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Took a lot of trial and error but i figured it out.

Create a Custom group  (under Environment).  Have the group membership criteria Setup for VDI Desktop Session.   Relationship, Child of, Contains, POOLNAME  in navigation tree Horizon view environment

Click Preview to verify the sessions are there.

make sure Keep group membership up to date is checked.

Then go to Policies Under administration and create a policy overriding the settings and attach it to the group you just created.

Hope this helps someone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SHamel5575
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Took a lot of trial and error but i figured it out.

Create a Custom group  (under Environment).  Have the group membership criteria Setup for VDI Desktop Session.   Relationship, Child of, Contains, POOLNAME  in navigation tree Horizon view environment

Click Preview to verify the sessions are there.

make sure Keep group membership up to date is checked.

Then go to Policies Under administration and create a policy overriding the settings and attach it to the group you just created.

Hope this helps someone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos