In VMWare Horizon View Administrator we are currently seeing events being logged continuously relating to vCenter at address being temporarily disabled and almost immediately afterward vCenter at address is enabled.
I can find little about these events other than they exist from the documentation library. Are they related to an account problem? If anyone can advise.
I think this is either due to faulty network setting, firewall issue or DNS problem. Could you please check each of these settings on View and VC and get back to us.
I have seen this issue in the past and the fix is to restart everything
This is applicable only till 5.1 VMware view and not for 5.2 and higher
To resolve the issue the vCenter server as well as all of the connection servers, including any disabled connection servers, in your environment need to restarted. Security servers and Agent VM’s do not need to be restarted.
The reboot order is as follows:
If Composer is installed on the vCenter server:
If Composer is installed on a standalone server:
NOTE: All Connections servers must be started before you can use the View Administrator page. The administrator page may not appear to function until all connection servers are started. This is expected behavior.
Please provide the log snippet from C:\programdata\vmware\vdm\logs
Sort by date and attach the latest file.
At the moment the issue is still outstanding.
A full power down cannot take place until the weekend due to the impact it will have on the end users.
This will be done this weekend, and I will update on Tuesday as Friday and Monday are bank holidays.
Did you ever get this issue resolved?
Age shouldn't be a problem but tha should be fine atleast someone looking for a similar issue should be able to follow the steps to fix that. Thank you for the update
I'm currently facing the same problem, our weekly VDI pool refresh usually (but not always) fails with half the vm's left in "Task halted..." state, and the cause is this VCenter disconnect. At times we have lots of these disconnects that have gone unnoticed, but when they coincide with, or are caused by, the pool refresh it's clearly noticeable.
The "reboot everything" fix mentioned in this thread doesn't seem to help much, the symptoms always return after a short while.
I have a call open with VMware about this.
So far we have:
Moved VCenter, View Connect Server and SQL server vm's to the same host, thus keeping most network traffic within the vSwitch on the host and off of the physical network.
Changed the power management settings within the Windows Server in each of the above server vm's to "High Performance" (there are known NIC performance problems when Power Management is in 'Balanced' mode and there is high network load).
Turned off a load of TCP offload settings on the server NIC's
I thought this had helped after a few days with no error, but the problem is back.
I think we have made improvements, because the disconnects now only happen when the pool refresh happens.
This is ongoing.....
I just witnessed a repeating series of "vCenter at address https://<vcenter FQDN>:443/sdk has been temporarily disabled" and then "vCenter at address https://<vcenter FQDN>:443/sdk has been enabled," while working with a Horizon View deployment, so I thought I'd add a comment to this thread. We resolved the issue by ensuring that our routing was symmetric. Once the asymmetric routing issue was fixed up that seemed to resolve the 'temporarily disabled/enabled' issue and allowed us to create desktop pools, replicas, etc.
This also worked for us, thanks for the tip.
We run Horizon 7.4 with vCenter 6.5u1 in a cloud pod architectures (2 pods/2 sites) with a vCenter in each site.
What we did to fix the issue:
After that everything went back to normal. We still had a few error VMs in horizon that are not in vcenter. You can either remove them in the ADAM database or wait for them to get cleaned over time.