VMware Horizon Community
kappyninewood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter provisioning for recompose settings

By default, why does View put twelve machines in maintenance mode and only recompose eight at a time? Can I make these settings the same?   Why or why not is that a good or bad idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nzorn
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It does that by default because of various bottlenecks on the Storage, CPU, and RAM.  Everyone's infrastructure is different and changing these values can put a hurt on some.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you go into the vCenter configuration through View Administrator and look at the advanced options you can change the concurrent provisioning numbers. 

kappyninewood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, I know where to go and change them, but do you know the question below?  By default, why does View put twelve machines in maintenance mode and only recompose eight at a time.

0 Kudos
nzorn
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It does that by default because of various bottlenecks on the Storage, CPU, and RAM.  Everyone's infrastructure is different and changing these values can put a hurt on some.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I agree with Nzorn in that VMware probably found that these values were a good fit for a majority of the customers they had.    Some people may find different values work so they gave us the option to change.

0 Kudos