VMware Horizon Community
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vCenter dependency

I need to do some work on my vCenter database and was curious about the behavior of the View environment while vCenter is down. I know that View Administration task such as starting up and shutting down desktops will not be available but felt basic connection broker functionality would still be there. Anyone does this type of maintenance before and can share feedback?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi mittim12,

Brokering to existing desktops should happen without much issue. The things need to ensure that accessing pools with certain policies might end up in error like, power policies, spare configuration etc. So before perfoming such maintenance, edit power policy of all pools accrodingly and remove spare configurations, auto scheduled provisioning ops (such as delete after use, refresh after use etc). But defenitely log of policies will not have any impact.

I am sure that you would take necessary backup prior to the maintenance.

Best Regards

Siva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi mittim12,

Brokering to existing desktops should happen without much issue. The things need to ensure that accessing pools with certain policies might end up in error like, power policies, spare configuration etc. So before perfoming such maintenance, edit power policy of all pools accrodingly and remove spare configurations, auto scheduled provisioning ops (such as delete after use, refresh after use etc). But defenitely log of policies will not have any impact.

I am sure that you would take necessary backup prior to the maintenance.

Best Regards

Siva

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Thanks Silva..   That was exactly my thought process and what I saw in my brief testing

0 Kudos