VMware Horizon Community
scalesremoved
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter at address https://<vCenter>:443/sdk has invalid credentials Horizon 8 2103

I'm getting the above error,

(I see there is a "SOLVED" question here for this same title but "I am having the same issues." IS NOT A RESOLUTION! before the admin who immediately set posts to dupes and everyone has to spend cycles explaining why it isn't 🙂 I explain ahead of time.)

I was getting a "Certificate is untrusted but the thumbprint for the certificate is accepted" warning in the admin console so I added the root certificates from the vCenter to the connection server trusted stores.

It cleared up the "Certificate is untrusted but the thumbprint for the certificate is accepted" error it used to have, but it now says "com.vmware.vdi.adamwrapper.exceptions.VCConnectionFailedException Login to vCenter Server failed due to bad username or password. Unexpected failure during certificate validation."

I tried changing the password for the account switching accounts, all to to avail. 

This is causing the recomposure of VDI's to fail and I have to "recover" many VDI's every few hours to get users working again.

You help is appreciated!

PS: We are using the VMware self signed cert and it is still valid.

Horizon 8 2103

vCenter Version: 7.0.2 Build: 18356314

0 Kudos
0 Replies