VMware Horizon Community
six4rm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter Red - Unable to verify VMware CA (PSC) signed vCenter SSL Certificate

I'm in the process of deploying a new Horizon View 7 environment based on vSphere 6 U2 to replace our existing View 5.3 pod. I've got a Windows vCenter Server with separate Windows PSC. I've used the PSC signed SSL certificate for vCenter and downloaded and added the Root CA to the required desktops and servers via Group Policy. If I browse to vCenter from a desktop with the Root CA installed all is well on the HTTPS front. I've added this vCenter Server into my View environment however it's showing up as red on the View dashboard. I've clicked on the vCenter Server and verified the certificate but at  no point does it go green. Both Connection Servers have the Root CA installed and if I launch a browser from the Connection Server itself and browse to the vCenter FQDN the certificate is trusted.

Any ideas?

I'm unable to create any pools at the moment because of this as View isn't communicating with vCenter as a result and it won't let me select a template VM.

If you need to know any further details please let me know and I'll happily supply.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
six4rm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Having re-read the Horizon View 7 documentation to confirm I had taken the correct steps already I decided to reboot both of my new Connection Servers, which resolved the issue. My vCenter Server now shows as green within the dashboard and I've been able to successfully deploy desktops.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
six4rm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Having re-read the Horizon View 7 documentation to confirm I had taken the correct steps already I decided to reboot both of my new Connection Servers, which resolved the issue. My vCenter Server now shows as green within the dashboard and I've been able to successfully deploy desktops.

0 Kudos