VMware Horizon Community
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor

user data disk under vdi

hi ,

when we provision the vdi for desktop will it will provide the option for user data disk storage option either same disk or on different.please tell me if i keep user data on different storage then how can i syncronise that data disk if my user logs on different vdi.

Ravi
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

The user data disk option is only available when using a persistent pool with linked clone technology. So your users should get the same VDI machine everytime they logon.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor

if my user logs on another vdi on pool the will this user disk drive sync with last user drive in previous vdi.and what is the main benifit of this user data disk.

Ravi
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

In order to use the data disk you have to utilize a presistent pool so the user will always receive the same VM. We do not use user data disk so I'm not sure if it would follow the user if they logged into another pool but I doubt it. The advantages with user data disk are the ability to recompose and refresh your linked clone pools without fear of losing any user data.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points