VMware Horizon Community
bickyz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

usb not availabe connecting from horizon view client wheres no problem from pcoip client

Hi we have a VMware View 6 with a Windows 7 desktop pool. The Windows 7 vm has usb controller been enabled.

If I connect to the desktop pool using VMware Horizon View Client from Windows machine then I unable get the plugged-in usb working, it says USB unavailable.

But if I connect via Wyse/Samsung PCoIP client then I can access the plugged-in usb devices.

Is there anything that needs to be enabled for the usb to work via Horizon View Client software ?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

My money is that this is a network/firewall issue - zero clients embed USB traffic inside the PCoIP protocol itself, but software clients have a separate TCP connection for it. I suspect you're blocking the required traffic on TCP 32111 for the latter. The product documentation should cover this port in conjunction with both direct connections and the use of the HTTPS tunnel.

Mike

0 Kudos
bickyz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi mpryor,

Firewall is disabled on the computers where horizon view software is installed and there are no access list on the switches for this vlan where these computers are.

The PCoIP clients and these windows computers are on the same vlan.

From these windows computers "telnet ip-of-desktop 32111" connects without any issue.

Firewall is disabled on the connection server.

thank you

0 Kudos