VMware Horizon Community
klancy43
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

update sequence for Horizon 7.13.1?

sorry for this dumb question,

I searched this article https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/78445 and discovered the sequence of updating the Horizon.

my demand is to upgrade a Horizon (with UAG) environment from version 7.13 to 7.13.1 but have no experience on doing such thing. the environment is simple, there's no composer server and only a few desktop pools exist.

So, according to my interpretation, the update sequence for my Horizon 7.13 world could be:

1. Horizon client

2. connection service

3. UAG

4.  Horizon agent (in all the golden images)

5.  test and see whether the re-provisioned desktop pools ok with the new image or not.

are the steps mentioned above correct for upgrading horizon from 7.13 to 7.13.1??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao 

You can upgrade UAG before the Connection Server but depend on what is the UAG version that you want to install

This is the link of server Interoperability from UAG and Connection:

Product Interoperability Matrix (vmware.com)

Connection Server  version 7.13 is compatible whit all UAG versions (except 2012)

fabio1975_0-1647329061239.png

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao 

yes, the step order is correct.

Horizon clients may not need to be updated although it is always recommended. You can check this matrix compatibility:

Do you use Windows clients or do you have thin clients?

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos
klancy43
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@fabio1975 thanks~~

the current scenario of my VDI is utilizing windows 10 horizon clients, no thin clients.

by the way, I got a last question: is the sequence correct (suggested by vmware?) if I update the UAG before updating connection service?

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao 

You can upgrade UAG before the Connection Server but depend on what is the UAG version that you want to install

This is the link of server Interoperability from UAG and Connection:

Connection Server  version 7.13 is compatible whit all UAG versions (except 2012)

fabio1975_0-1647329061239.png

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos