VMware Horizon Community
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

unknown missing vm status

Hi, I'm pretty sure this is a 7.4 bug but I've haven't been hit this hard by it, in my DR pod I can't seem to add a new desktop pool. All the vms come in an unknown (missing) status, and I've tried restarting the horizon environment a few times with no luck. My current pools look ok, but I can't really test them directly based on how our environments are setup without a DR event. Does anyone have an work around for this, I have an SR open, but my normal methods aren't working out side of digging through the adls database which I don't like doing.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

This is not answered, I click the answered assumed button, and I can't seem to see how to untoggle it.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Which build of 7.4.0 are you running? We experienced this intermittently and we were provided with a hot patch that resolved it (I recall it was a vc cache issue). Instead of requesting the hot patch I would advise upgrading to a current version.

To workaround this we were following Restart order of the View environment to clear ADLDS (ADAM) synchronization in Horizon View (2068381... and then running ViewDBChk. Typically when following KB2068381 I only shutdown the connection servers and composer. In this case I believe it also require a vCenter restart.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

We are on 7400497, which is probably an early build of 7.4 if I remember, and I'm familar with that issue. We see it in our prod pod, but I've never seen it this bad before. I'm in progress of certifying all of our components for 7.8, which takes a bit of time, I'm hoping to be able to do it before then. I've even deleted the pool , did the restart, then used viewdbchk and it still happens. The vms look fine if I go to the directly but horizon can't seem to keep up.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Build 7400497 is the GA release of 7.4.0. We were delivered build 821556 to resolve that issue. You could contact support and request the hot patch to stay on 7.4 until you are ready for 7.8.

There was no consistency to when we would see the issue. I had initially reported the issue to support and worked with them to get the hot patch.

0 Kudos