VMware Horizon Community
rahimpal
Contributor
Contributor

unable to proceed without log file

Hi,

we are using view client 5.1 on 400 desktops but few pc's show "unable to proceed without log file"  when connectirkng to client network

i have checked security permissions on vmware log folder ,all seem to be fine but we still get this error ,somebody pls help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Forums.   In what context are you receiving this error?   Is it when connecting via  Security server to a desktop and at what point is the error generated?     Does it look to be an agent generated error or a client generated error?

0 Kudos
rahimpal
Contributor
Contributor

view client is installed in my desktop. im accessing the remote pc from my desktop. im getting unable to proceed without a log file. im sure

issue with my desktop ..only 4 users get out of 200 users but they get it freqently. i have checked the security permission on log folder all seem to be fine

but when users try to re connect the remote pc using view client  they get this error..thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Can you connect to a different desktop without getting the problem?  Just trying to determine if the problem is in the VDI machine or physical desktop?

0 Kudos
rahimpal
Contributor
Contributor

im sure the issue is with physical  machine..only 3 out of 400 users get this error.

log file located in \appdata\vmware\logs.. logs files exist and security permissions seem to'

'

be ok but still not sure why this error occurs

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Can you reinstall those clients?    What about using an older version of the client to see if that does the trick? 

0 Kudos