VMware Horizon Community
soud
Contributor
Contributor

unable to connect to the MKS:virtual machine config file doen't exist

Hi All,

When i tried to open one of my virtual machine i got this error "unable to connect to the MKS:virtual machine config file doen't exist" and there was blank black screen with that specific error message. No changes were done to the environment when this occured. I tried to restart, it didnt happen, so i had shutdown the virtual machine and again powered on and then it came up. I want to know why did this error appear and how can i prevent it in future.

Can any one help me in this.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
soud
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I didnt find the reson for the above error in that post. Can you kindly let me know

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Do you have something running like the HP SIM agents on the host? Disable them. That did it for us on the ESXi ones (KB 1035564).

Deregister and register the guest again in vCenter.

Check KB 749640, as well.

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

Often, I find these MKS errors are due to DNS config on either your clinet, your ESX host, or your VC.

Good luck

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos
soud
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

ESX is running on Dell 2950, We dont have such software's running. KB article also doesn't have the above error to check.

0 Kudos
hafeezpashamoha
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had the same error when my esxi dns records goofed up. we have esxi host behind NAT.

Name resolution (DNS) is critical if you are loading console from a remote site.

0 Kudos
soud
Contributor
Contributor

I dont have any firewall running and everything worked fine once the virtual machine shutdowned and started.

0 Kudos
hafeezpashamoha
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

soud, might be some sought of time-out and fixed itself when you reboot host.

0 Kudos
soud
Contributor
Contributor

This happened in one of our customer site.so, we need to give precise answer for the issue for them.

Can anyone help me in ds

0 Kudos