VMware Horizon Community
vmware987
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

unable to add vcenter server instance to horizon view 6.0 admin !

Hi,

As I am trying to deploy horizon view 6.0, have setup the view composer, vcenter and view connection server. Now as I am trying to add vcenter 6.0 instance to view administration facing following error.

" Possibly an invalid vCenter server certificate. Please verify the identity of the associated vCenter certificate"

error.jpg

Have setup the Active Directory Certificate services through which SSL certificate have been created with friendly name 'vdm' and placed on the vcenter and view connection server systems. But still facing same issue while adding vCenter instance to view administration.

as per VMware Knowledge Base the SSL certificate created through AD Certificate services is of 2048 bits, still the issue remains unsolved !

Please advise !!?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmware987
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Finally issue resolved after doing following,

- Downloaded Root CA to locally on connection view server.

- rebooted all servers ( connection view server, vcenter and view composer)

- and accessed to view admin page by domain name instead of clicking on the desktop shortcut of view administration which opens with localhost link..

Thanks all for showing interest.

a.p.​   HussamRabaya

Warm Regards,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

not sure whether this causes the issue, but vCenter Server 6.0 requires View 6.1 or newer.

see http://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/sim/interop_matrix.php?#interop&23=&2=

André

0 Kudos
vmware987
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you so much a.p. for taking out time and replying back.

Just confirm the versions.

Its vCenter 6.0 and connection server VMware-viewconnectionserver-x86_64-6.1.1-2769403.

so I guess version compatibility is out of question now.

pastedImage_0.png

Please advise !

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Please don't get me wrong. I just want to rule out incompatibility issues prior to going deeper into troubleshooting.

Please review the http://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/sim/interop_matrix.php#interop&23=&2=2136,998,695,431​ again, to ensure that your setup (i.e. the specific vCenter build) is supported.

If the configuration shows up as being supported, check whether you can find any connection server log files, which contain further details about the issue.

André

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

did you checked this article

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
vmware987
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

As I mentioned in my question , I already applied that but no success.

0 Kudos
vmware987
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Finally issue resolved after doing following,

- Downloaded Root CA to locally on connection view server.

- rebooted all servers ( connection view server, vcenter and view composer)

- and accessed to view admin page by domain name instead of clicking on the desktop shortcut of view administration which opens with localhost link..

Thanks all for showing interest.

a.p.​   HussamRabaya

Warm Regards,