VMware Horizon Community
niceguy001
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

the registry to enable lossless compression for Blast protocol

There's official document talking about how to enable lossless compression, as shown in link here.

however, after configuring the registry I don't see differences.(i'm performing VDI tests which involve blast protocol.)

so, the first priority is to verify that i set the correct registry before troubleshoot my VDI test environment.

the registry i set (in windows 10, which launch Horizon Client to connect desktop pool) is shown in figure below:

fdsaf.JPG

My question is: is the registry type i configured correct? is the "EncoderBuildToPNG" a string value, a DWORD or it is actually an independent Key?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
niceguy001
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ok i think i just solved it.

according to multiple VDI tests i've performed, this registry EncoderBuildToPNG is a string value not DWORD or others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mchadwick19
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Have you tested this as a DWORD? I believe it would be as the PCoIP BuildtoLossless key is also DWORD and much of the other image quality settings are DWORDS.

VDI Engineer VCP-DCV, VCP7-DTM, VCAP7-DTM Design
0 Kudos
niceguy001
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ok i think i just solved it.

according to multiple VDI tests i've performed, this registry EncoderBuildToPNG is a string value not DWORD or others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos