VMware Horizon Community
chrischambers
Contributor
Contributor

standlone machine within Horizon View

before I go on, I think that this can't be done. but I will ask away.

I have been asked to set up an isolated network within Horizon that has no external connections to the outside world.  the reason for this is that the company wants to run, network packet monitoring tools within a classroom environment, and wants to keep it away from the Corporate network.

My understanding of Horizon is that Horizon does not support standalone machines, as it requires all the machines to have a VM Agent installed that talks back to the Horizon server.I can create a private network within horizon via a Switch, but still we need a corporate connection to that machine.

Does anyone know of a way to do this, cos all the options I can think off, still requires a corporate network connection to that machine

2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

You would need some kind of network access to the virtual machine for the PCoIP traffic.

Another way could be to use VMware Workstation and then connect it to the ESX server to view the screen over the vSphere Console connection.

But with that you would loose many of the features that Horizon View provides.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The View Agent Direct-Connection agent does not require a Connection Server.