VMware Horizon Community
rapptimb
Contributor
Contributor

[solved]Vmware View "View Composer AD Fault: Active Directory Server is not available"

Hi

I'm trying to get an automated pool working and always get the same error.
My environment is: ESXi 5, vCenter, composer, connection server (VM), WinServer 2008 domain (VM), SQL Server (VM).
I've set up a manual pool pointing to an existing VM and it works well, but creating an automated Pool (floating or dedicated) always runs into an error.
After entering all my pool setting, the composer starts creating an new VM with the name i've entered ( vm-{n} ). After 50% to 80%, or so, (It takes quite a while) the composer starts deleting the vm and in the View Administrator I get the error:
"View Composer AD Fault: Active Directory Server is not available"
Could this be any kind of an time out or sth. like that?
I've entered in the View-Configuration wizzard the right domain setting and all my windows server are connected to it.
If i try to connect to the pools with the View Client, I get the error (sorry german error  ) "Fehler bei der Verbinding mit "name": Für diesen Desktop stehen keine Desktop-Quellen zur Verfügung...." . sth. like :"Error connecting to ""name": No desktop-sources available.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Benny

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi Benny and welcome to the communities

I would look at your AD/DNS first, is there any domain-controllers that might exist in the AD but are no longer functional?

If you ping your domain, do you get an answer and is it the one you would expect?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
rapptimb
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your quick response,

It's the only domain-controller in this subnet. I've created this domain only for the View tests I'm doing right now.

After pinging I get the expected answer form this controller without loosing packets.

Benny

0 Kudos
rapptimb
Contributor
Contributor

I've found a quite simlpe solutution,

i've used the IP not the name of the server, after changing everything to the domain name it worked.

regards

0 Kudos