VMware Horizon Community
adileduc
Contributor
Contributor

smart card reader not detected - view 5.1.2 - Windows 7 - wyse P25

Hello,

I've got a problem : I am working with view 5.1.2 linked clones on wyse P25. As so far i was using usb redirection with gemalto token V2 on windows xp guests. This was working fine, i was able to see the smart card reader in the system and the gemalto middleware was working fine.

Of course i've planned to move my old XP machine to a new windows 7. Everything is working fine except the smart card. At the end of the process with a gemalto id prime : i'm able to see the smart card and the smart card reader. But the middleware (mini drive manager) doesn't see my smart card reader. I've checked the registery, the smart card reader is there.

for the gemalto token V2, i see the smart card reader but, the same, the middleware cannot see it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
adileduc
Contributor
Contributor

Ok !!! i found : both solutions works :

• do not install the smart card redirection option when installing the view agent
  • or do not realise a usb bridge with the gemalto token

as a result you will not see the smart card reader anymore, but the middleware will be able to read it.

thanks to this thread too : SmartCard reader as a pass-through device for VMware View 5.0 (NOT USED FOR AUTHENTICATION)

0 Kudos