VMware Horizon Community
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

security server pairing password invalid

I'm installing a VIEW 5.0 security server and I'm trying to pair it with a view 5.0 connection server. I've generated a new pairing password from the view administrator console but when I insert it during the security server installation I get the error INVALID PAIRING PASSWORD, I've tried to generate some different passwords but the message is always the same. What can I do to solve this problem?pairing.PNG  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Do you already tried using CTRL+C (password configured on console administrator) and CTRL+V to put in Security Server) ? With ctrl+c and ctrl+v if you´ve differente layout configured into Guest Os of keyboard, might works.

If possible, try restart services

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Configuring the Security Server pairing password

Read NOTE

Before installing the VMware View Security Server, the Security Server pairing password must be configured. This is a one-time password that allows a Security Server to be paired with a specific VMware View Connection Server instance.
To configure the Security Server pairing password:

1. Log in to the View Administrator Console and navigate to View Configuration > Servers.
  2. In the View Servers pane, select the View Connection Server instance to be paired with Security Server.
  3. From the More Commands dropdown, select Specify Security Server Pairing Password.
  4. Type the password in the Pairing password area and specify the timeout value.

Note: You must use the password within the specified timeout period. Otherwise, the password becomes invalid

5. Click OK to confirm the password.
*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks but I'm doing all the steps noted. I do not wait the pasword  expiration so I can't understand why I have this problem.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Do you already tried using CTRL+C (password configured on console administrator) and CTRL+V to put in Security Server) ? With ctrl+c and ctrl+v if you´ve differente layout configured into Guest Os of keyboard, might works.

If possible, try restart services

0 Kudos
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

CTRL + V is not allowed inside the password field. Anyway restarting the vmware view connection server service and generating a new password solved my problem. Before I tried to reboot the connection server but was not useful. Thanks .

0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue with View 5.1 security server pairing. Did you disable the IPSEC global setting and disable Windows firewall? I can't get the security server to pair no matter what I try.

0 Kudos
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I disabled the windows firewall. Did you try to reboot the connection server ?

0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yah. I rebooted my connection server and the security server and still no go. I even disabled the firewall on both the connection and security servers. I'm stumped Smiley Sad. I wonder if it's a bug?

0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It always the stupidest things Smiley Happy. I had the wrong installable (version 5 instead of 5.1).

0 Kudos
1KeWa
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had similar issue. Restarting the connection server fixed it.

0 Kudos