VMware Horizon Community
schafers
Contributor
Contributor

rhel 7.5 smart card redireciton module fails to install

Hello,

We've built our first Linux based Horizon pool, we're able to log into the machines just fine using both Thin and Thick clients through the agent with Username and Password.  But now we're attempting to work toward token authentication via Thin Client.  I'm assuming that because this module cannot install we're having this issue as we know token login works in our non VDI environment.

On one of our test boxes we've been trying to install the Horizon Agent with the "-m yes" to install the Smart Card Redirection Module.  During the installation which does go through successfully it fails on the Smart Card module and gives this message.

Installation starting...

Failed to install smartcard redirection module, because the system doesn't meet the following requirement(s):

1, The host system should be RedHatEnterpriseWorkstation 6.6 64bit or later

2, The pcsclite verison should be 1.7.4 for installation or 6.2.0 for update.

After looking into this I checked versions just to verify...

cat /etc/redhat-release

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 7.5 (Maipo)

lscpu

Architecture:          x86_64

CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit

rpm -qa | grep pcsc

pcsc-lite-1.8.8-7.el7.x86_64

pcsc-lite-ccid-1.4.10-13.el7.x86_64

pcsc-lite-libs-1.8.8-7.el7.x86_64

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated, we have a ticket open with VMware already, but we're still troubleshooting while waiting for responses and other guidance.  Thanks for your time.

-Sean

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SlowLogon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I put in a ticket 2 weeks ago and they told me that smart card redirection for RHEL7.5 is not supported and they don't know anyone that has got it to work.

0 Kudos
schafers
Contributor
Contributor

dang, would you happen to know the last supported version?  Thank you for this bit of info too!

0 Kudos
SlowLogon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here's what they sent me.

"Engineering has confirmed we will only support RHEL 6 for smart card authentication in the current release"

0 Kudos