VMware Horizon Community
Gdriver
Contributor
Contributor

remove replika / source which is inaccessible

I got some problems with the VirtualCenter in combination with VMware View. After a recomposition (failure) there are replika and source "virtual machines" in VirtualCenter left that are inaccessible. I can´t remove them from the inventory, because there is no option. I tried ut with reboot of all hosts, VirtualCenter, View Manager Server, removed all VMware View pools in the View Manager but nothing helped. The "replika" and the "source" Object/VM still remains there in VirtualCenter. And with the command line it doesn´t work because I would need the location but like i said there is no location because the datastore is empty.

There are absolutly NO files in the datastory, no directories. But when I browse to the summary of the datastore it still shows:

General

Number of Virtual Machines: 2

Thanks 4 you help

Message was edited by: Gdriver

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
guyrleech
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Not sure if the SviConfig utility can help you here - take a look at

---

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

-- If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Have you tried the SVIConfig Tool?

Thanks,

Christoph

0 Kudos
Gdriver
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, after some tries it worked.

sviconfig -operation=unprotectentity -VCURL=https://myvirtualcenter/sdk -Recursive=True -username=USERNAME -InventoryPath="/Folder/Datacenter/vm/VMwareViewComposerReplicaFolder/replica-6a14684c-626d-4b25-ad44-928984c33b41" -password="XXX"

It worked. First we tried the direct path without the "/vm/" element but that didn´t work. So we tried with the element. After successfully "unprotectentity", the "drop from inventory" was usable and the replica was gone....

A thing to enhance:

But the thing with clear password in the commandline isn´t that good... without username or / and password it runs into an error instead of asking for a user or / and a password. That would be a thing that VMware could enhance.

THX Smiley Happy

0 Kudos