VMware Horizon Community
sky_zhangjun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

reconnection slow with Zenworks 11.24

Horizon View 5.1 + Windows 7 + Zenworks 11.24.

The first time connection is in normal speed. But when I disconnect and try reconnecting, I can reconnect to a vm without Zenworks agent in 8 seconds. On VMs with Zenwork agent, I get a black screen for 10-12seconds when reconnecting. I am working in a hospital and the speed of reconnection is extremely important. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi, I have seen this issue before. This is caused by the Zenworks remote control service. I suggest to disable this service and use Microsoft remote assistant. You can also use a workaround. Use the VMware View GPO to start a script when a user disconnect a session. In the script you disable the Zenworks remote control service. Use another script to start the service again when a user reconnects.

Sven Huisman VMware vExpert 2009-2016 Twitter: @svenh blog: svenhuisman.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi, I have seen this issue before. This is caused by the Zenworks remote control service. I suggest to disable this service and use Microsoft remote assistant. You can also use a workaround. Use the VMware View GPO to start a script when a user disconnect a session. In the script you disable the Zenworks remote control service. Use another script to start the service again when a user reconnects.

Sven Huisman VMware vExpert 2009-2016 Twitter: @svenh blog: svenhuisman.com
0 Kudos
sky_zhangjun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot! It works perfect.

0 Kudos